Happiness Found! Brunch at Stacy's

11:48 AM

Thanks to adventurous foodie friends and willingness to drive around, we braved the streets of QC and found a gem called Stacy's.

Our visit was intentional since my friend Donna suggested it as read from a travel magazine, and I've been reading some good reviews among netizens. We were not expecting too much. We were simply looking for a place to have a happy brunch!


AMBIANCE

The sign"This is our happy place" welcomed us at the doors. Indeed it was immediately felt.

Stacy's felt home-y the moment we stepped in. We arrived 12nn so it was full of lunch time diners. There is an option to dine alfresco, yet we wanted to be seated inside and although we had to wait, the interior was cheery enough to entertain us as we sat in the kiddie area. Stacy's instantly reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, tea parties and pin-ups. White tables and chairs, fresh daisies on the table, checkered and floral table cloths, chandeliers, bright pompoms and pastel colors everywhere, everything feels "oh-so-feminine"! The interior is really adorable. The blend of crafty knick-knacks created warmth plus a cozy with a hint of vintage atmosphere.

Find the pink refrigerator? and pink telephone? Dont cha wish your kitchen was cute like this?

Pretty and vintage knick-knacks are scattered all over

I identified myself with the interiors and given a chance i want my room to have these elements too

FOOD
No photos of the food, but the menu was named interestingly. They have Toasts, Sausages, Rice Meals, Pastas, Salads among the menu.  It was too hard to pick but my initial choices were Big Breakfast Bangers, Monkey Toasts, Stacy Jones, Waikiki Omu-Rice. Layered Sausage and Potato Pie, Potato Chip Fried Chicken, Homebaked Chicken Parmesan and Mac & Cheese, please! If only I have enough room in my tummy to fill.

The drink options were written at the blackboard at the counter. 




I initially opted for the Big Breakfast Bangers (sausages, french toast and scrambled eggs) but the attendant said it will take 15mins to prepare. I asked for their bestseller instead, she recommended Potato Chip Fried Chicken (an interesting twist to usual fried chicken!) Both my gal pals opted for the Texas Barbecue Ribs (really savory and tender, by the way)

For drinks, I tried raspberry which reminded me of Tokyo Tokyo's Red Iced Tea. My friend had the Green Apple. And my other friend ordered Triple Choco Milkshake, by which she said "I died" right after the first sip.

We were served with complimentary mug of popcorn, pink pretzels and flower mallows. Who can't say no, right? Though I wish they served it to us a little earlier.



It didn't take long before our orders arrived and I can't help but notice, the sweet vibe doesn't stop in the interiors! They used dainty paper straws to make our drink more fun! The food is served in polka dotted plates and cups. All three dishes come with an oh-so-sweet, heart-shaped cup of rice. Oops! Okay fine, I cheated on this occasion and ate rice! But the serving seems quite big and we all didn't get to finish our rice, anyway..


I failed miserably at skipping dessert. Although they're bestseller was Banoffee, I indulged and ordered their Caramel Cheesecake to share with the girls. It has just the right amount of sweetness and consistency. Even the caramel crust was chewy and fudgy.


ON THE PLAYLIST
Sunday's best. Beatles, Beach Boys, Rolling Stones. Songs from the radio station my Dad used to tune in to on Sunday mornings. It completed the vintage and home-y experience!


BILL
As we received the bill, each of us had another complimentary treat. Peter's Butter Ball! We spent about an average of Php 300-400 per person.


SERVICE

The waitresses were also wearing yellow collared shirts, bandanas and aprons. And Ate Rose was kind and patient enough to accept our multiple favors to take our photos. We also got to chat with Angelique, one of the owners.



DINING PARTNERS / TIMING
Family, girl friends, kids and young at heart

Perfect for brunch and lunch.

Ideal for kid-themed birthday parties, christening, fashion shoots, pre-nup photo shoots.

3pm that day it was also booked for a bridal shower



ACCESSIBILITY
Stacy's is nestled at Capitol Greenstreet, which is a few minutes away from Ateneo and has an on a hill ambiance, looking out to a golf course or the hills of Antipolo.

It's not that convenient for commuters, it can be reached either by car or a cab. Parking fee is a flat rate of Php25.

There's also no nearby place to go shopping to. Although there are 2 stalls selling clothes and organic skin care products.



VERDICT

Aside from the quality and value for money of the food I am served with, the ambiance of an establishment is something my friends and I always search for. We never leave without photos and we always wanted a great backdrop to complete our bonding experience. Stacy's didn't just offer all that, it felt like an extension of our barkada. Its like visiting a friend's house for some lounge-y day with gal pals!




From the decor, to the food, location and service, its a 4.5 out of 5. I promise to come back as soon as I could and I know I just have to let other friends know about it.



3 happy diners! The mailbox, fake patch of green grass, bicycle and flower pots feels country!


Stacy's
Capitol Greenstreet Commercial Center,
Capitol Hills Drive, Quezon City
Tel. Nos. (0927) 326-2244, (0933) 442-7661, (0917) 847-2229 Stacy's
Facebook: Stacy's Resto

You Might Also Like

0 comments