Music to Beat the Rainy Day Blues

8:01 AM

Summer would always be my favorite season. Now that rainy days are back, I can't get rid of my tendencies to feel all gloomy, get lazy and sleepy. All this nostalgia just makes me want to curl up in bed with a book in hand and a warm cup of drink..

Music could also entertain us on rainy days. Just hearing the rain drops and watching it on windows and brings me back to good and bad memories spent in the rain, the hard times I've been through and my childhood - playing basketball while bathing in the rain.


Whether or not it will be raining tonight or this weekend, arranging a Rainy Day Playlist on your phone or Ipod might just be one of those items you can add on your To-Do list. It will come in handy. Music will keep you company on your commute to or from work and will beat the blues from traffic jams.


If you wonder "What to play on a Rainy Day?", here are some tracks in my playlist that you can also listen to. I included link to the videos and some lyrics, though some songs doesn't necessarily have rain on their lyrics.


1. The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars

Today I don't feel like doing anything, I just wanna lay in my bed, Don't feel like picking up my phone, so leave a message at the tone, 'Cause today I swear I'm not doing anything
Weekends and rainy days.. oh they are the perfect blend.. the Music Video of Bruno Mars with the Monkey Heads is also entertaining.


2. Perfect Two - Auburn
You can be as cold as the winter weather
But I don't care as long as we're together
There happens to be a breakup version of this song entitle Not the Perfect Two. I don't think it's Auburn who made and sang it though, but the composer and the singer did a great job in this opposite version :) 
Now you're as cold as the winter weather but I don't care coz we're no longer together

3. Thank You - Dido
My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why, I got out of bed at all, The morning rain clouds up my window, And I can't see at allAnd I want to thank you, For giving me the best day of my life, And, oh, just to be with you, Is having the best day of my life
Dido's voice is soothing :)

4. Come Clean - Hilary Duff
Let the rain fall down and wake my dreams, Let it wash away my sanity
'Cause I wanna feel the thunder, I wanna scream
Let the rain fall down, I'm coming clean
This makes me remember childhood and adolescent days with friends and cousins while playing in the rain. The heavier rain, the happier :)

5. Sukob Na - Aiza Seguerra
Sukob na, halika na, sabay tayo sa payong ko
Hawak ka, kapit pa, Umula't, bumagyo magkasama tayo...
I had to place an OPM song :) This song makes me smile even on a rainy day. You just have to see video for ABS-CBN's Station ID.. and Aiza Seguerra's cool voice is just perfect..

6. You and Me - Lifehouse
Cause it's you and me and all of the people
With nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you
Don't you want to play this when you're cuddling with your special someone on a cold weather?


7. Rainy Days and Mondays - Carpenters
Talkin' to myself and feeling old. Sometimes I'd like to quit; Nothing ever seems to fit;Hangin' around, nothing to do but frown;Rainy days and Mondays always get me down
Oh what a bad combination. I'm sure this is exactly the thought of students and employees. Hassle!


8. Rainbow - South Border
Even if there is pain now, everything would be all right
For as long as the world still turns there will be night and day
Can you hear me
There's a rainbow always after the rain
Oh yes another OPM. I love this band, and this is my most favorite from among their other hits. The whole song just sends a positive and inspiring message.


======================================================================


I know the weather is enough to make us feel sluggish, but who says you can't party and move around? These upbeat songs will make you enjoy dancing or working out even if you are indoors on a rainy day.

9. Come Rain, Come Shine - Jenn Cuneta
Bring in the rain, bring in the shine,
Let it go stop wasting time, I`m calling out to you
Don`t chase the sun, don`t race the sky
Let it go stop wasting time
And I`m calling out to you, I`m calling out to you

10. Umbrella - Rihanna

Now that it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
(Ella ella, eh eh eh)
Don't this Good Girl, Gone Bad make you wanna follow her footsteps? Oh I mean steps.. Rihanna's sexy dance moves is just so sexy, making the cold days hot, hot, hot!

If you want to maintain a Good Girl vibe, Mandy Moore's rendition is just as hot :)


=========================================================================


Other song in my playlist would be:
11. Tuwing Umuulan at Kapiling Ka - Eraserheads
12. It Will Rain - Bruno Mars
13. I Never Told You - Colbie Caillat
14. I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz
15. What Hurts the Most - Rascall Flatts
16. Everyday - Agot Isidro
17. Howie Day - Collide
18. Never Gonna Leave This Bed - Maroon 5
19. Fix You - Coldplay
20. The Day You Said Goodnight - Hale
I decided not to include them in my Top 10 because most of them has nothing to do with rainy day, but the weather is enough to let me indulge my emo side :)

Have other songs in mind? Share with me your Rainy Day playlist too!

You Might Also Like

0 comments