Have you experimented lately?

10:30 PM

I got intrigued by Ion' Orchard's FB post on makeup "Have you experimented lately?"

Though it would be a tutorial but it just happened to be a couple of eye makeup pegs.

Since I don't have anything going on on a Friday night and while my brothers are busy with their friends downstairs, I figured its been a long while since I played "Makeup Weekends".

I pulled out my almost dusty, rarely-used Coastal Scents 88-palette eyeshadow kit and started getting inspirations from Youtube and Pinterest

Since I was in my pink pambahay sando :) my peg was ta-dah! . a Smokey Pink Date inspired makeup.. its not for daytime wear but light enough for evening wear..




To be fair, I thought my makeup skills have already rotten, but I surprised myself too! Wish I was able to take a before pic but I got too excited to start my experiment.. I am a firm believer that makeup really does wonders and a before photo could've been another proof F.Y.I. I just recovered from flu this morning.. Who would know right? *wink*

I've been putting off learning and taking Advanced Makeup Classes. I've always wanted to be a good makeup artist. Do makeovers for friends, beautify them during special events and in times of confidences crashes. I think I should commit to Weekend Makeup Experiments from now on and continued developing and learning techniques while saving for an actual class. If i pushed myself to start and commit to exercise and healthy eating, then i just might start and commit to improving this skill too :)
Eyes: Avon Mascara, Fashion 21 Liquid Eyeliner, Silkygirl Taupe eyeshadow (highlighter),   
Coastal Scents 88-palette: 
* Pink row - 2nd from the bottom (outer lid) and 2nd from the top (inner lid)
* Brown Row/Last row - 2nd from the bottom for the (crease)

Lips: 
Sephora Lip Liner 04, lip shine from an organic stall in SMX
Face: Revlon Photoready Liquid Foundation, Mineral Blush: Adobe, Flirt
What completes the look? I don't wear makeup daily but on non-makeup days? I wear a smile everyday. and I'll also quote Beverly Engel, author of The Nice Girl Syndrome, "Confident people hold themselves differently: They stand up straighter, smile more, and actually look brighter and happier. Those traits make you look confident, so people who don’t even know you assume good things about you.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments